Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Week #92: Keep Going, and Have Faith

Dear Family,

This week has been quite the week. We have a baptism this next week, and we are really trying to get more. This week 1 of 2 sisters is getting baptized. We are trying to get the other one to get baptized too. The goal is that on the fifteenth of Nov., that they be sealed to there parents. What a great goal, to be sealed for time and all eternity. That's nuts.

I have also been reading a book by Spencer W. Kimball called "The Miracle of Forgiveness." Ya, the book has some rough edges, but it's a really good book in general. I don't agree with everything, but one part i love is that he says  “Soul mates are fiction and an illusion; and while every young man and young woman will seek with all diligence and prayerfulness to find a mate with whom life can be most compatible and beautiful, yet it is certain that almost any good man and any good woman can have happiness and a successful marriage if both are willing to pay the price.”  He also says that an eternal marriage is something to fight for. In fact, its the greatest thing to fight for. Yes, we all have our differences, but what the Lord intended was a celestial unity. We could be as different as cats and dogs, but if we follow the gospel, we can over come everything and make it.

This week a lot of crazy things have happened, and I can't really disclose everything, but man, it's kinda been a hard week.  However, I feel that something I need more of is faith. I can admit it freely, I doubt. This week has been really hard for to say, "Man, I believe it will all work out."  Because honestly, sometimes I don't think it will. One thing I can change is my out look, my view on it. My faith. I rememeber before my mission, I said I had faith in everything. If you knew me before the mission, I said "Man have faith" a lot. Right now I am eating my own medicine. I need to have faith. Right now, it is a tad bit hard, but I am trying. I don't know if there is anyone out there that is feeling what I am feeling, but what I would say if there were, is to keep going and have faith. Faith that it will all work out. No one ever got anything done by quitting.

I love you all, and I hope that you are all having a great life.

Elder Buhler

No comments:

Post a Comment