Monday, April 8, 2013

Week 11: Loving the Missionary Life.


NOTE: AS YOU CAN TELL, JOSH IS ASKING I NOT "CENSOR" HIS BLOG. HAHA. OKAY, SO THIS WEEK I JUST RAN SPELL CHECK. 

Ni hao everyone!! Well this week has been crazy !!! First of all mother.... quit freaking censoring me!!!  I am gonna have one of my friends create a blog for me !!! Taiwan didn't like being censored by China and i don't like being censored by my mother either !!!!! I demand no censorship!!!!
Anyways I got hit by a scooter into a parked bus but its all good because we got an investigator from it. The kids here look like polys its so weird but ya . food here is good. I had a thing called hot ice where its like sugar beans and taro root under a snow cone.
I have had some traditional food here and it is pretty good. its super healthy and i have been losing some weight. I bought a Sweeney Todd strait blade razor so ladies know that i shave like a real man. 
we met our ward leader he is a total hippie from Utah who ran away from the states after the mish and he teaches art and lives the most chill life in the entire world i swear!!!!... but ya its way cool here. I ate some cold noodles which were alright. We're headed up to the mountains to go teach some aboriginals a lesson in basketball.
I  have 2 investigators who I spoke french to this week. 

It rains a lot.... i sweat a lot.... Hoopes is a pretty chill companion but he is always telling me that I am gonna get married.... which is highly improbable since I don't know what commitment is. But ya I miss all of y'all so much. You should send some American fruit snacks so I can give them out to the kids !!!!!!! Also send American food! I miss it!!!!! Mango salsa and chips!!!!  Oh ya today we went golfing with the new members, that was pretty cool. I  need to work on my swing. We are white washing  so that is interesting.

The fruit here is so good.  Um gospel wise.... well church was cool. I met some guy in the Air Force who told me basically give up my dream of  being a fighter pilot. That really was a downer i guess. Um ya, I'm learning Chinese slowly.
Caity, I love you !!! how is dance i met this family with little girls just like you and they think you are beautiful.
Internet is about to cut off see ya in a week @!!! They love Jacob's hair and mom they think you are like 21 and way to pretty to have 5 kids.

Love,

Elder Buhler

SIDE NOTE: I GOT THIS EMAIL FROM ANOTHER MOM ON MISSION MOM WHOSE SON WROTE ABOUT JOSH IN HIS LETTER HOME. IT TIES INTO HIS FRENCH INVESTIGATORS HE MENTIONED ABOVE.

He mentioned Elder Buhler:

"Elder Feigleson is in the same apartment as them too [their zone leaders]. It was really fun to catch up with him. Seeing MTC friends here is great! Speaking of which, the next day, Saturday, we did gravesweeping. Elder Buhler was there and it was awesome catching up with him.
Super cool story. So in the MTC, Elder Buhler started learning French, just cuz he wanted to. Everybody gave him crap for it haha. Turns out the other day they contacted some native French speakers that are investigators now. Turns out he learned the French for a reason. accidents don't happen."\

Here is what I got from  his mission president when he arrived on March 30th

Dear Sister Buhler,

Elder Buhler arrived tired but safe and sound. He will be assigned to ChaoChou in southern Taiwan with Elder Hoopes. 

Warm regards,

President Clark Bishop

No comments:

Post a Comment